IN THE WORD!
BY DAVID O. OYEDEPO
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law - Psalm 119:18
From the above scripture, we understand that God's Word is loaded with wonders, but until our eyes are opened, we cannot access them. The encounters of the two disciples with Christ after His resurrection unveil this mystery.
As it is written: "Then opened He their understanding that they might understand the scriptures"
Again, it is written, "Arise and shine, because your light has come." The effect of that light is what empowers us to outshine those around us, so that kings begin to come to the brightness of our rising. This is because revelation has the power to change the story of any man supernaturally - Isaiah 60:1- 3/8/22.
Furthermore, the Bible says,
"For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant" - Job 14:7-9. (See also: Isaiah 55:1/11 /Ephesians5:26)
From here, we understand that every encounter with the Word springs up a new beginning. Therefore, whatever our experiences may have been hitherto, in this great month of June, everything dying around us will suddenly bounce back to life in the name of Jesus Christ!
In the light of the above, our teaching series for the month is captioned, "Experiencing the Wonders in the Word!"
First, we must recognise that God's Word is pregnant with wonders and this is why all miracle, signs and wonders are direct confirmations of the Word-Mark 16:20
But what does it take to Access the Wonders in the Word?
• We must be filled with the Holy Ghost: The Holy Ghost is our access to the mysteries in the Word and we are limited in access without Him. The Holy Spirit brings us into realms of unlimited access to the deep things of God-John 16:12-13/ John 14:26/ 1Corinthians 2:10.
• We must be Spiritual: It is one thing to be filled with the Holy Ghost but it is yet another to be spiritual. We can be filled with the Holy Spirit and still be carnal. For instance, the Corinthians church was not behind on the gifts of the spirit yet they were carnal. It is therefore important to be spiritual because a natural man cannot understand the things of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned. The more spiritual we are, the greater our access to the deep things of God - 1Corinthians 1:7/ 1Corinthians 3:1-3/ 1Corinthians 2:14.
• We must walk in the Spirit: It is written, "I was in the spirit on the Lord's Day and I heard ...." It takes a man of the spirit to hear from heaven. It is not enough to be born-again, filled with the Holy Spirit and be spiritual, we must be men and women that walk in the spirit, this is because God can choose to speak to us at any time. If we are not in the spirit, we are sure to miss His directives and thereby continue with our struggles in life. Therefore, we must mind the associations we keep, because carnal men are sure to corrupt our spirituality - Revelation 1:10/ Romans 8:6/1Corinthians 15:23.
• We must desire more Revelation: More often than not, when things are not working, it is because our insight is inadequate. As we are all aware, we don't fail exams because we don't know anything; we fail because we don't know enough. However, we know that God hates waste and that is why He only unveils treasures to those who are truly thirsty for revelation. As it is written, "I will pour water upon him that is thirsty and floods upon the dry land." Revelation answers only to the thirsty; it is therefore our crave to know that opens the doorway to revelation - Isaiah 44:3/ 1Corinthians8:2.
• We must locate our God-sent 'Philips': There are men and women sent our way to provide us with access into the deep things of God. For instance, the Holy Ghost instructed Philip to join the chariot of the Ethiopian Eunuch in order to open up his spiritual understanding. In the same vein, there are individuals appointed to teach and pastor us, and we are sure to be limited in revelations until we find them and engage to maximize all the revelations they bear. But we should not only receive what they teach, we must also study their lifestyle and see how they apply the things they teach. This is why the Bible admonishes that: "We must not be slothful in business but followers of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises" - Acts 8:28-36/ Jeremiah 3:15-16/ Isaiah 30:20-21/ Hebrews 6:12.
• We must engage in the study of the Word: We must get addicted to the study of the Word and make it our lifestyle by feeding on the Word daily in order to stay alive and well. The Bible admonishes that we meditate on the Word day and night; then, we will make our way prosperous and have good success - 2Timothy 2:15/ Jeremiah 15:16/Joshua 1:8.
• We must engage our spirit in the search: Man is a three-in-one being: he is a spirit; he has a soul and lives in a body. The soul of man comprises his mind, which includes his intellect, his will and emotions. But our intellect is limited in capacity, because it cannot comprehend the things of God. It is only by our spirit that we can access the deep things of God. This is because, "God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." It is also humbling to note that most of the channels through which the scriptures were delivered, were largely ignorant and unlearned men. God simply poured out His plan and purpose for mankind through these 'ordinary' vessels. Therefore, it is by engaging our spirit in the search that we can access the deep things of God. Remember, the spirit of the man is the candle of the Lord that searches the inward parts of God's belly. We must lit this candle and engage same in order to access the deep things of God - Isaiah 26:9/ Proverbs 20:27/Luke 15:7-8/ 1Thessalonians5:23/ John 4:24.
• We must engage in the Art of Meditation: We need meditation to access the mysteries in the Word. As it is written, "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom". We need to separate ourselves and ponder on the Word, so we can access the mysteries in the Word. For example, the prodigal son meditated his way back to dignity. David also meditated his way into deep understanding. Furthermore, the Word admonishes that; 'we give attendance to reading, to exhortation and to doctrine; and to meditate upon these things; given ourselves wholly to the findings that we make; so that our profiting may appear to world" - Proverbs 18:1/ Luke 15: 14- 20/ Psalm 119:97-100/ 1Timothy 4:13/15.
Wonders in the Word of GodThere is the account of the Centurion who came to Jesus saying; 'I am not worthy for you to come to my house, just speak the Word ONLY and my servant shall be healed', and as the Word went forth; his servant was healed the selfsame hour. This validates the fact that God's Word is truly pregnant with wonders - Matthew 8:8/10-13.
Let us now examine some wonders in the Word:
• The Word of God is the carrier of the Power of God: God's Word carries the Spirit of Power; therefore, when we
receive and believe the revealed Word, we are empowered to become what the Word says - Romans 1:16/
• The Word of God opens new chapters to our Destiny: The Word opens our lives to new levels, as in the case of Joseph when his word came, a new chapter was opened to him. The Word has power to spark up a new beginning in our lives, no matter how uncertain or unthinkable it may appear. Therefore, we must all expect encounters with the Word this month and new chapters opening up to every one of us-Psalm 105:17-22/Job 14:7-9.
• Supernatural Victory: When we are armed with what is written, we supernaturally gain command of the happenings around us. This is because the Word of God is the sword of the Spirit; and no force in hell can withstand His authority. For instance, when Satan tempted Jesus, He fired back saying, "It is written" first, second and third time after which satan gave up. Supernatural victory is domiciled in the Word because God still upholds all things by the power of His Word till now - Ephesians 6:17/Mathew 4:1-14/ Hebrews 1:3/ Matthew 21:44.
• Supernatural Breakthrough: This is provoked by applied revelation. When we encounter the light of the Word, and walk in the same, we supernaturally dominate the powers of darkness which culminates in our supernatural breakthrough.
When we put on the armour of light, we become the envy of the world around us as His glory continues to distinguish us empowering us for a colourful flight, turning a little one among us to a thousand and a small one, a strong nation. It is interesting to know that everything we need is in the Bible; what we lack is the commitment to search them out - Isaiah 60:1-22/ Matthew 21:24/ Jeremiah 23:29/ 1John 1:1-5/9.
• Signs & Wonders: From the mystery of creation, we understand that God's Word truly creates solutions supernaturally. This is why signs and wonders is all about creating supernatural solutions to the bugging questions of life - Genesis 1:1-3/ Mark 16:20/Acts 14:3.
Jesus is Lord!
AMAZING TESTIMONIES!Multiple Testimonies!
"During the 33'd Anniversary celebration of this Commission, I thanked God for 11 years of committed followership of the Mandate. Within those years, I stopped being a fan or a worker in church, and became a committed and an addicted follower. Through those years, my life has never
been the same.
When I joined this Commission, I had nothing to boast of. Now, I own properties and assets that I could only dream of back then. God has blessed me materially, financially, family-wise and in every aspect of my life.
The most striking of these blessings is that I used to be very sickly before I joined this Commission, but since I joined, I have never been ill or taken any drug. I give glory to God for making my life a practical expression of the validity of the Mandate!" ---Pst. David Okoye
Ectopic Pregnancy Miraculously Sustained!
"Few weeks after the conception of our son, we went for a foetal condition test. After the test, the doctor said, 'Sir, you look like a church going person, but this is not a church matter; we need to evacuate this baby immediately.' I asked, 'Why?' He said it was an ectopic pregnancy (the baby is in the stomach instead of the womb) and it could kill the mother.
Then, I remembered the Bishop's testimony of when he returned from a trip and his wife said she had miscarriage and He immediately said,
'It cannot happen! Can I have my food please?' So, I said, 'No! My wife cannot have ectopic pregnancy!'
The doctors gathered and said, 'What is this man talking about?' I beckoned on my wife, but the doctors insisted that I signed a medical document indicating that I took death into my hands, because the condition could kill both the baby and mother, within 24 hours. I signed the document in faith that neither of them would die.
By the Spirit of faith, nine months after, ectopic pregnancy became a bouncing baby boy! I give glory to God!"
---Mr. &Mrs. Ifeanyi Emeagar
N36 million Debt Paid without Bribe!
"At the beginning of the year, the Bishop declared that it shall be a year of divine surprises. I believed that word and re-committed myself to obeying instructions from this altar.
There was a particular State Government in Nigeria that bought salted products worth N36 million from my company, but refused to pay. For over a year, I tried to get the money but to no avail. The government officials told us to give them 10% of the money they owed us as bribe, before they made the payment. Everyone said it was impossible to collect our money without giving bribe, but I said to myself, 'If the Bishop was in this situation, he would not give bribe and his money would definitely be paid.'
Earlier this year, in one of the Business and Career Breakthrough Services, the Bishop shared with us from Psalm 34 verse 5: 'They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.' He further said, 'Anytime, you are looking unto man, never claim to be looking unto God.' I studied and prayed with that scripture until it became so real to me.
Last month, I received a call from an aide to the governor of that state, who I had never met before. He said he heard about the money they owed us and that he had taken the matter to the Governor personally. He was very apologetic and called back instructing that I resend the account details.
Miraculously, few days later, the N36 million, which they owed for more than a year, was paid without bribe. I give God all the glory!"---Bukunmi, 0.
"In April 2013, during the Resurrection Power Service, the Bishop preached passionately on consistent tithing. He concluded the sermon saying, 'Inconsistent tithing may lead to indebtedness.' That word hit me because I had stopped paying tithe and started borrowing and purchasing items on credit.
Towards the end of May, I started tithing again. During one of the services in July, the Bishop prophesied, 'This month, you will change levels by all means!' In concluding that sermon he said, 'Pray fervently and be specific for that which you want God to do for you and you will receive it.' After the prayers, he said, 'After three days, you will hear good news!'
On Wednesday, when I got home, a friend visited and said, 'Brother, did you hear that the money that was not paid to us since 2007 would be paid this month?', I said, 'Yes! That was the prophetic word of the Bishop upon my life!' Lo and behold, on August 10, when I checked my account balance, I was surprised because I was highly elevated financially. I give glory to God!"---Effiong Akpan
Eight-year Barrenness Destroyed!
"In 2005, we got married and since then, we believed God for the fruit of the womb. A friend of mine, who is a barrister and attends this Church, invited me to Shiloh 2012. I told my husband, who is a busy person to accompany me and he agreed.
During the Mothers and Fathers of Nations Session, I was privilege to be prayed for by Pastor (Mrs.) Faith Oyedepo. She shared a testimony of a woman that gave birth at the age of 53. That testimony hit me and I keyed into it. I said, 'Father, I am still young; You are going to bless me,' and He did.
That year, the Lord changed our situation and we truly became father and mother of a nation. Praise the Lord!"
---Mr. & Mrs. lyoha Emmanuel
Delivered from Occult’s Den!
"Last Sunday, after the Third Service, I received a call from my friend that my roommate had died in an accident. This was someone I saw the previous night at 10.00 p.m. Unknown to me, my boss was the master mind.
On Tuesday night, when I got in bed, I realized that it was wet. I asked the lady who slept beside me why my side of the bed was wet, but there was no logical explanation.
Later, she suggested that it was the fear of my friend that passed on that affected me and that I should go to bed, but I insisted that something was wrong. I got off the bed, partook of the Communion, sprinkled the Blood of Jesus and took the 30th anniversary mantle. I struck the four corners of the room with it.
Suddenly, the Holy Spirit said, 'Go downstairs.' When I got there, I discovered that everyone who stayed in that lodge belonged to the occult. They were all dressed in red and black tops. I sprinkled the Blood again and called on the God of Oyedepo, Adeboye and Abioye to rescue and avenge me, because the Bishop prophesied that we would testify the following service.
Shortly after, my boss instructed that the Mantle, Communion and Anointing Oil that I had with me be taken away, before he could touch me. I was forced into a car and taken to an occult gathering. They were chanting incantations on me with candles and all manner of oils, but the God of Oyedepo avenged me and I was released. Thereafter, I was taken to a psychiatric hospital for treatment, but someone brought me to Canaanland. Today, I am hale and hearty. I give glory to God!" ---Justina Ogalar
"During last Saturday's outreach, I met a young man who was insane for many years. His family members abandoned him and left the vicinity. During the outreach, the Holy Spirit directed me to deliver him from the spirit of insanity.
The instruction was so shocking, but I obeyed and the Holy Spirit took over. The God of my father stepped in and immediately his sanity was restored! I give glory to God!"---Ekundayo Ekinwa
You may like these too: